Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF not listing Unknown Campus

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  VisualRF not listing Unknown Campus

Posted Dec 09, 2013 03:26 PM

We are using Airwave 7.7.5 and we have a number of locations which are showing up as Unknown instead of in our only Campus listed.  How can we move the AP's out of a campus, so we can put them into the correct buildings within a different campus?

• 2.  RE: VisualRF not listing Unknown Campus

Posted Dec 09, 2013 03:36 PM

You will have to delete those and then re-add them into the correct floor/building 

• 3.  RE: VisualRF not listing Unknown Campus

Posted Dec 09, 2013 03:42 PM

So completely delete them from Airwave, and re-import them from the server?  I haven't been able to find a place to do it without doing this.

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: VisualRF not listing Unknown Campus

Posted Dec 09, 2013 03:47 PM

Do you have it on another server ? 

• 5.  RE: VisualRF not listing Unknown Campus

Posted Dec 09, 2013 03:49 PM

Airwave allows you to move a building to another Campus but not an individual AP since you have to place it in the right location  

amp2_2013-12-09_15-47-25.png

So if you imported from another server , then you can move it over to the right Campus that you already created 

• 6.  RE: VisualRF not listing Unknown Campus

Posted Dec 09, 2013 03:50 PM

Heh, Ok, I didn't explain that very well.  We do not have them on a different server.  When I said re-import them, I meant let Airwave re-discover the devices, and place them from there.  

I didn't see any place to remove existing devices in Airwave from the VisualRF plan they're in, if I can't open up the VisualRF map containing those AP's.

Hope that helps some!

• 7.  RE: VisualRF not listing Unknown Campus

Posted Dec 09, 2013 03:53 PM

My map is only currently showing one Campus... which is all we really need.  The AP's I need are in a different Campus, which does not show up in the list.

• 8.  RE: VisualRF not listing Unknown Campus

Posted Dec 09, 2013 03:58 PM

Yeah , so If you would like to remove the AP or APs from a particular map you have to go to the actual map and remove it and then the AP should re-appear again in the deployed device list .

amp1_2013-12-09_15-57-06.png

• 9.  RE: VisualRF not listing Unknown Campus

Posted Dec 09, 2013 04:00 PM

Dang.  Can't get to the actual map it's on.  I have a support case open for it, hopefully I don't have to remove-rediscover the devices.  Thanks for your help Victor!

• 10.  RE: VisualRF not listing Unknown Campus

Posted Dec 09, 2013 06:00 PM

Try Disabling and Re-enabling the VisualRF Engine, Make sure you have backup of all your maps

Screenshot 2013-12-09 17.58.25.png