Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Visualrf not starting properly...

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Visualrf not starting properly...

Posted Mar 27, 2012 01:46 PM

Hi, I have a problem with visualrf not starting or i should say not responding.  It is enabled and the system->status tab says the engine is "OK".  If you go to the Visualrf->floorplans tab it responds:

"VisualRF engine is not currently running. It may be disabled. Enable it on the Visual Setup page. The engine may take a few minutes to start after it is enabled."

At the end of /var/log/visualrf there is the following:

2012-03-27 13:44:40,031 WARN  Main         com.airwave.svg.init.Startup waiting for the AuthorizationService to bootstrap

any ideas as to what AuthorizationService i should be looking at?

thx

• 2.  RE: Visualrf not starting properly...

Posted Apr 12, 2012 02:41 PM

I'm having problems with VisualRF starting too. I get the following error in the VisualRF log:

WARN  AirBusMs[2]  com.airwave.core.EventDispatcherImpl Thread[AirBusMs[2]] is waiting on service[Event] to start, method[fire]

• 3.  RE: Visualrf not starting properly...

Posted Apr 12, 2012 02:58 PM

After a little investigation it looks like VisualRF maxed out its allocated memory.

• 4.  RE: Visualrf not starting properly...

Posted Apr 15, 2012 08:46 PM

We have been getting this as well lately. We upgraded the memory on our servers. Check the sizing guide to ensure you are within your limits. I have also recently been told it may be fixed by upgrading to 7.4.8. I would check with TAC to see if this applies to your situation.