Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Vlan Pooling

Hello, i have a hopefully easy question.  I am running out of IP's in my main Student wireless vlan.  I have a second one that i would like to use and it sounds like vlan pooling is the way to go.  I created the vlan pool but i dont see it as an option to select when defining the vlan of the user role.  We are using clearpass so when it returns a role of "student" to the controller the user role "student" is dropped onto vlan 42.  This is set in "Access Control" then i edit the role and under Role Vlan ID i have vlan 42 selected. 

I would like to change this so that the user role "student" drops into the vlan pool istead of vlan 42.  What am i missing?

Thanks for your help!

Guru Elite

Re: Vlan Pooling

[ Edited ]

Hi, what version of code are you running? User-role VLAN pools were added in 6.3

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor I

6.2.1.2.  So i need to do a code upgrade to get the funtionality?  Thats a bit of a bummer.  I just hate doing code upgrades when things are working ok, because you never know what might happen.   

Guru Elite

Unfortunately you would need to upgrade to 6.3.x to take advantage of this new feature.

An alternative would be to return a vlan pool name in the RADIUS reponse with the VSA "Aruba-Named-Vlan".

You could also split up your AP groups and assign different VLANs to the VAPs.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: