Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Voice clients getting audio dropped after some time with controller 7210 and AP225 deployment

Hi Experts,

we have deployed AP225 with 7210 controller however after implementation , clients are claiming that there voice calls are getting dropped after some time. It was working before this deployment.

we have been getting lot of logs as below :

pening /proc/sys/dev/wifi0/active_voice_client : No such file or directory
Oct 12 06:41:40 :304055:  <ERRS> |AP stm| |ap| Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at stm_sysctl_write_param, 10460, Error opening /proc/sys/dev/wifi0/active_voice_client : No such file or directory
Oct 12 08:05:18 :304055:  <ERRS> |AP  stm| |ap| Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at stm_sysctl_write_param, 10460, Error opening /proc/sys/dev/wifi0/active_voice_client : No such file or directory
Oct 12 08:05:51 :304055:  <ERRS> |AP  stm| |ap| Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at stm_sysctl_write_param, 10460, Error opening /proc/sys/dev/wifi0/active_voice_client : No such file or directory
Oct 12 08:25:20 :304055:  <ERRS> |AP  stm| |ap| Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at stm_sysctl_write_param, 10460, Error opening /proc/sys/dev/wifi0/active_voice_client : No such file or directory
Oct 12 10:57:43 :304055:  <ERRS> |AP  stm| |ap| Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at stm_sysctl_write_param, 10460, Error opening /proc/sys/dev/wifi0/active_voice_client : No such file or directory

Current code in controller is 6.4.2.9

Can anybody please suggest me to fix this issue ?

Guru Elite

Re: Voice clients getting audio dropped after some time with controller 7210 and AP225 deployment

What kind of voice clients are these?

6.4.2.9 is older.  I would upgrade to 6.4.2.12 when you can for a possible fix.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: Voice clients getting audio dropped after some time with controller 7210 and AP225 deployment

Spectralink phones 8400 are the voice clients.

do we have any bug in 6.4.2.9 ?

Guru Elite

The controller itself does not drop calls or stop calls from going through, despite what those messages say.  I would look to ensure that the RF is tuned correctly.  Did you see the Spectralink portion of the Roaming VRD here?  http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/Aruba-VRDs/20/1/Optimizing%20Aruba%20WLANs%20for%20Roaming%20Devices.pdf

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Sorry , I am reverting after long gap ... unfortunately we have still no solution on reported issue .

we have designed and deployed based on attached VRD doc.

As I mentioned not sure why are we getting below messages :

Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at stm_sysctl_write_param, 10460, Error opening /proc/sys/dev/wifi0/active_voice_client : No such file or directory

Thanks in advance ...

Guru Elite

Did you try to open a TAC case so they can review your settings and environment?

Colin Joseph

Hi ,

I have opened TAC and working with them.

so far no conclusion.

Guru Elite

Well, that is the best thing to do.

Is there any pattern to the drops?

Did you install the system or someone else?

How are your access points mounted?

How far apart are your access points?

Do you have "Drop Broadcast and Multicast" on all of your Virtual APs?

Are you using encryption for that SSID?  What kind?

How many SSIDs are you broadcasting?

What is the maximum and minimum transmit power of your access points?

Colin Joseph

New Contributor

Do you have a solution? I have the same issue.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: