Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

WMS DB - what is the effect of running the "clean old entries" option on GUI

Hello, please i need help.

on my controller 3600, GUI interface, on the Maintenance tab  run  "clean old entries" option, this because when you delete a Access Point  change is not reflected in the GUI therefore decided to implement this option, however the controller asked me to save changes and restart, which I have not done for fear of losing information, the question is what is the effect of running the "clean old entries" option in the graphic interface?

Thanks for yu help.

Guru Elite

Re: WMS DB - what is the effect of running the "clean old entries" option on GUI

"This command deletes all entries from the WMS database. Do not use this command unless instructed to do so by an Aruba representative." - http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/wms_clean_db.htm

Most of these entries get re-created on the fly, anyway...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Re: WMS DB - what is the effect of running the "clean old entries" option on GUI

what I did was in the web console, in the tab "Maintenance" submenu "WS Database" option "clean old entries", this option does the same as the command "clean-db"?

Thanks 

Occasional Contributor I

[ Edited ]

this is the option to run, it is the same as the command "clean wms-db" ??

Captura.PNG

Guru Elite

To be honest, nobody is supposed to use that unless TAC asks them.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: