Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Want to set up a wired connection with cisco switch. Anyone have a sample config for both sides?

Want to set up a wired connection with cisco 3750  switch. Anyone have a sample config for both Aruba and cisco sides?

Aruba

Re: Want to set up a wired connection with cisco switch. Anyone have a sample config for both sides?

https://ase.arubanetworks.com/solutions/id/93

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Want to set up a wired connection with cisco switch. Anyone have a sample config for both sides?

Will this only work with ClearPass? I want to use DHCP from the controller.  Does the cisco switch and Aruba controller need to be in trunk or access mode?

Occasional Contributor I

tarnold wrote:

https://ase.arubanetworks.com/solutions/id/93

Will this only work with ClearPass? I want to use DHCP from the controller.  Does the cisco switch and Aruba controller need to be in trunk or access mode?

Aruba

are you trying to do .1x, or are you just looking to put a controller in a wired switch
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Occasional Contributor I

Not looking to use .1x. I want to connect a 7240 controller with a ciso 3750 switch and have wired customers from the switch obtain an ip address from dhcp on the controller. Thanks

Guru Elite

jeffgraham88,

Maybe you can describe further in detail what you are trying to do.  Connecting a switch to a physical port on a controller is routine.  Creating a DHCP pool on the controller for that subnet and enabling it so that it gives out addresses is also routine from a switching perspective.  If you connect a 3750 with other switching devices, the configuration is the same on both the controller and the 3750.  Is there something specific that you are having difficulty with?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Community Administrator

This depends on the availabilty you need. If all of you hardwarre is in the same VLAN then access is what you need. If your radius is in lets say a management vlan and you clients live in a client VLAN then in order for them to talk to the radius for authentication you will need the ports to be trunked.

CWNA, ACMP, Security +
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: