Wireless Access

Contributor II

Warehouse Design Methodology

Hello,

I am designing the Wi-Fi for a new warehouse for my customer. I've been doing office builds for a few years now but this is my first time doing a warehouse.

I am having a lot of trouble finding good information as far as the design methodology I should follow given my predicament. I went in with our AP-225 and did an active survey to determine AP spacing/placement/quantity, but the warehouse is completely empty right now (it doesn't even have racks), so the signal travels >100 ft. before I even get to the -65 dBm on my client with my AP EIRP at 15 dBm in 5 GHz. Essentially, I have no idea how far signal will travel once the racks are full of merchandise.

I've consulted my CWDP textbook, Cisco and Aruba websites/forums/VRDs, but there really wasn't any information that answered my question directly. Can anyone out there provide some insight as to how I can plan for Wi-Fi in a tricky environment like this when I have no hard data to justify my AP placement and quantity?

The customer is a clothing/apparel/accessories retailer, the ceiling is about 20 ft. high. The racks will reach up to 17 ft. high.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Tim Haynie, ACMX #508, ACDX #384, ACCP, CWSP, CWAP, CWDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Wireless, CCNA Security, CCDA
Guru Elite

Re: Warehouse Design Methodology

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/tkb?location=category%3ASupport-Documentation-Downloads&q=Warehouse

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: