Wireless Access

MVP

Web Content Classification - Not Expecting to See Traffic

I enabled DPI & webcc in the stateful firewall of some controllers last night, and disabled DPI/webcc in all the current roles.  I don't need to do any DPI or webcc on the existing roles, but will on some new roles I create.  To my surprise the controller is classifying Internet traffic in the AppRF > Web Content section of the dashboard, for roles that I disabled DPI & webcc.  I assumed disabling both features in these roles would keep classification from happening as I didn't want the controller to waste any cycles classifying traffic when it was unnecessary.  Perhaps classification takes place regardless, but enforcement does not?  Or perhaps this is a bug?

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
MVP

Re: Web Content Classification - Not Expecting to See Traffic

Perhaps classification takes place regardless, but enforcement does not?

That's correct
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
MVP

Re: Web Content Classification - Not Expecting to See Traffic

Ahh.  Thanks for confirming!

Are there any published specs stating how much webcc the 7200 series controllers can handle?  I just want to be sure I'm not bogging down the controller.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: