Wireless Access

Web-cc HTTPS Block Page

Hi,

On a controller with the web-cc subscription license I've enabled some web filtering but sites that are secured with HTTPS and are in a blocked category do not show a block page.

For sites in a blocked categoty:
HTTP sites are blocked and a block page displays.
HTTPS sites are blocked but no block page loads.

This looks to the customer, and me, like it's not working as it should.

Should a block page be shown when a HTTPS site is blocked?

#AirheadsMobile
Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Highlighted

Re: Web-cc HTTPS Block Page

Hey, I haven't had much exposure to Web-cc component but I know from many other vendors that generally it is not possible to provide a block page when HTTPS is blocked unless the device is doing HTTPS decryption and can perform a re-direct. 

ACMA, ACMP
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)

Re: Web-cc HTTPS Block Page

I had confirmation.

The SSL encrypted HTTP session is between the client and the web hosting server, invisible to the controller/IAP. The controller/IAP can therefore not intercept any HTTP GET messages and respond with a redirect to a ‘web page blocked’ page. Enterprise proxy solutions, such as Blue Coat and ForcePoint , terminate the SSL tunnel, playing man-in-the-middle, which allows full content classification. This would however require the SSL certificate of the proxy to be installed on all clients in order to avoid warnings and errors (via GPO).

Cheers
James

-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: