Wireless Access

Contributor I

What are the config does not get pushed from Mater to Local , and Mater to master ?

I have seen the Vlans created in the master controller doesnot get pushed to my local controllers ? is it correct ?

Can you point to some doc which it gives a correct idea what is pushed and what is not pushed ?

Guru Elite

Re: What are the config does not get pushed from Mater to Local , and Mater to master ?

In the ArubaOS 6.1 user guide, Chapter 21, "Adding Local Controllers" details what is or is not pushed:

Configuring Local Controller Settings

Many controller settings are unique to that device and therefore are not replicated from a master controller to a local controller. The following settings must be manually configured on a local controller that synchronizes with the master controller.:

 Time zone and daylight savings time settings

 VPN pools for remote APs and other VPN clients.

 Controller and IP interfaces. (Note that these values may need to be set before synchronization with the master so the synchronization can properly complete.)

 IP routing and spanning-tree configurations

 Remote AP whitelist and local-user database values

 DHCP pools and reservations

 NAT pools

 SNMP, NTP, and syslog settings

 Hostnames, DNS and SMTP servers

 ACLs applied to ports

 Certificates

 RADIUS client details and RADIUS source interfaces

 Stateful firewall settings

 Customized captive portal pages and images, and the captive portal redirect address.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: