Wireless Access

Contributor I

What is the attenuation calculated for a sound proofing studio or media room walls.

During a site visit we came across soundproofed media rooms of 4X4 Mtr size , What should be the best placement of access points in this case. What attenuation should i consider for this enviornment.

Guru Elite

Re: What is the attenuation calculated for a sound proofing studio or media room walls.

wifiabcd wrote:

During a site visit we came across soundproofed media rooms of 4X4 Mtr size , What should be the best placement of access points in this case. What attenuation should i consider for this enviornment.

Your best bet:

Put an access point inside:  Measure signal strength.  Go outside.  Measure signal strength.  Just because it is soundproof does not mean it doesn't let RF out.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba

Re: What is the attenuation calculated for a sound proofing studio or media room walls.

Another tell-tale sign I typically leverage for a first-pass type of test?

Pull out cell phone, check signal outside room, then go inside room and shut door.  What do those lovely "bars" do ?

If they crash down to " X "  aka. no service ... Houston you are going to have a problem.   

If they remain the same, RF (albeit diff frequency) is getting in and out readily.  A good sign that you should characterize as Colin suggests to get an actual measurement.

JF

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: