Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

What is the best distance between 2 AP indoor Campus mode in clear line of sight for VOIP roam?

I need to know the distance between two access points that will be used for VOIP so I need to know what is the best distance to avoid any roaming issue?

MVP

Re: What is the best distance between 2 AP indoor Campus mode in clear line of sight for VOIP roam?

There's quite a few factors when it comes to roaming, however one of the easiest ones that gets a lot of people is power. You should try using 12 min power and 18 max as a starting point and tune it from there. If a client can hear an access point blasting at max power then it may stick to that one rather than roaming to a better AP. I would suggest reading the high density VRD and roaming devices VRD to get a good idea of all the things to look out for in those situations.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/DG_HighDensity_VRD.pdf

http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/DG_Roaming.pdf

ACDX #419 | ACMP |
Frequent Contributor II

Re: What is the best distance between 2 AP indoor Campus mode in clear line of sight for VOIP roam?

Yes I know this ButI need toknow when I use 12 as min and 18 as max EIRP what will be the optimal distance in clear line of sight

Guru Elite

ADAMS wrote:

I need to know the distance between two access points that will be used for VOIP so I need to know what is the best distance to avoid any roaming issue?

ADAMS,

The manufacturer of whatever VOIP product you purchase dictates what signal strength and how many access points need to be in area for good performance with their product.  You should consult the VOIP manufacturer's datashets for that information.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: