Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the bmap file in the controller? Reference 6.4.1 release note ( table 133 )

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What is the bmap file in the controller? Reference 6.4.1 release note ( table 133 )

Posted Jul 16, 2014 08:14 AM

The first upgrade caveats of the 6.4.1 release note talk about deleting a bmap file on the controller if we have enable centralize licensing and remote access point ( table 133 ).

What is the bmap file? 

Where is the bmap file on the controller?

Thanks!

Jonathan

• 2.  RE: What is the bmap file in the controller? Reference 6.4.1 release note ( table 133 )

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 16, 2014 09:40 AM

SSH into the controller, get into enable mode and type "dir" to see if you see a file named bmap.

• 3.  RE: What is the bmap file in the controller? Reference 6.4.1 release note ( table 133 )

Posted Jul 16, 2014 10:22 AM

Thank you Colin,

We access the controler by ssh and we did a dir but there is no bmap file but I notice in the release that they say "if centralized licensing is enable and you have remote AP".

We have remote ap but not activated de centralized licensing. 

I suppose that the bmap file is only created when those two condition is true. We are at the version 6.3.1.5

Regards,

Jonathan

• 4.  RE: What is the bmap file in the controller? Reference 6.4.1 release note ( table 133 )

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 16, 2014 10:23 AM
    Jonathan,

I would wait for 6.3.1.9 to sidestep the issue completely. It should be out shortly.

• 5.  RE: What is the bmap file in the controller? Reference 6.4.1 release note ( table 133 )

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 16, 2014 10:23 AM

• 6.  RE: What is the bmap file in the controller? Reference 6.4.1 release note ( table 133 )

Posted Jul 16, 2014 10:33 AM

Hi Colin,

I'm not sure what do you mean by "I would wait for 6.3.1.9 to sidestep the issue completely". 

You would recommand to wait for 6.3.1.9 and upgrade to 6.3.1.9 before upgrading to 6.4.1?

Thank you.

Jonathan

• 7.  RE: What is the bmap file in the controller? Reference 6.4.1 release note ( table 133 )
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 16, 2014 10:38 AM

What you said before is true.  The issue only affects people who are using Centralized Licensing and RAPs.  If you do not have both, you should not be affected by the issue.

• 8.  RE: What is the bmap file in the controller? Reference 6.4.1 release note ( table 133 )

Posted Jul 16, 2014 10:40 AM

Ok, Thank you Colin.

Jonathan