Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

What is the equivalent for cisco clean air in aruba

Hi all 

I am working for a company . Now we are studying to  replace existing wireless system . 

Cisco talking high about their clean air technology . they posted some videos in you tube 

What is the equivalent for  cisco clean air in aruba

What s your comments 

Aruba

Re: What is the equivalent for cisco clean air in aruba

[ Edited ]

Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) is Aruba's radio management equivalent.   The latest version of ARM ARM also includes support for ClientMatch feature sets.

Adaptive Radio Management:

ClientMatch

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Hi 

You have something  like below wat cisco posted .I just want to know whether it is a marketing technique by cisco 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijLLWdwJDgY#t=449

Guru Elite

supporsbt wrote:

Hi 

You have something  like below wat cisco posted .I just want to know whether it is a marketing technique by cisco 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijLLWdwJDgY#t=449

supportsbt,

- That video is from 2010

- Aruba has had noise-aware ARM from day 1 which will change channels when interference reaches a certain threshold, regardless

- Any wireless system can be jammed if interference occurs on all channels.  Cisco is not immune to this fact.

- There are many more things to consider when it comes to wireless, like performance and ClientMatch specifically addresses this.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks 

Cisco agree that there is jamming . But the video is about self heeling . ( at 2.30) .

They showed the devices was self healed after ap change the channel  by itself 

Can you tell me  how aruba can acheive the same 

Thank you 

Guru Elite

supportsbt,

The "channel-quality-aware-arm", "channel-quality-threshold" and "channel-quality-wait-time" parameters control changing channels when the quality of channel an access point is on gets bad for a specific amount of time.  The threshold at which it is considered bad, as well as how long to wait before changing channel is fully configurable.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/rf_arm_profile.htm

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

[ Edited ]

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

I cannot.  You probably want to contact your sales team for those.

Microsoft is one of our largest and longest-tenured global customers, and they can go with whomever they want for wireless; they decided to go with Aruba, however.

Colin Joseph

Below  is how meru providing  fairness 

packetlevel fairness ,  timelevel fairness , uplink and downlink fairness .

How aruba address the same  .

Thank you 

Guru Elite

supporsbt,

Are those knobs or marketing features?  I am not in sales, so I am not aware of most marketing terms, just technical ones.  What happens from a protocol perspective with these Meru features?  If you let us know, we can discuss the Aruba equivalent.  Even better, if you can reach your local Aruba sales team, I am sure they would be happy to provide any comparison that you want.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: