Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the meaning of this Error message "Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap..."

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What is the meaning of this Error message "Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap..."

Posted Feb 11, 2016 04:54 PM

I am trying to change the forward more but I keep getting this error. What am I missing?

error.PNG

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: What is the meaning of this Error message "Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap..."

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2016 04:56 PM

It's a race condition. Change the forwarding mode, apply, then change the VLAN.

• 3.  RE: What is the meaning of this Error message "Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap..."

Posted Feb 11, 2016 05:03 PM

Yes, that is what I am doing. I cannot change the forwarding mode. Is using a vlan pool instead of a vlan number has something to do with this?

• 4.  RE: What is the meaning of this Error message "Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap..."
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2016 05:05 PM
    Yes. Bridge mode has to be a VLAN ID.

Set to bridge mode with VLAN-ID, apply.
    Set to tunnel, apply.
    Set VLAN name, apply.

• 5.  RE: What is the meaning of this Error message "Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap..."

Posted Feb 11, 2016 05:08 PM

That makes sense. Thank you

• 6.  RE: What is the meaning of this Error message "Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap..."
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2016 05:04 PM

Hi, 

Named VLANs (single VLAN IDs or VLAN pools) can only be assigned to tunnel mode VAP’s and wired profiles. 

See below link for reference, 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/Network_Parameters/Configuring_VLANs.htm 

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent