Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What keyboard key allows panning (navigating) while drawing in walls?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What keyboard key allows panning (navigating) while drawing in walls?

Posted May 14, 2015 01:53 PM

Using VisualRF (thru a browser), trying to designate wall material types...

Seems like once I click on the Draw Wall command, I can no longer "pan" around my floorplan.

(cursor appears as white hand, allows user to center where they are viewing)

Is there no keyboard key I can hold down to give me back this ability temporarily?

• 2.  RE: What keyboard key allows panning (navigating) while drawing in walls?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2015 05:54 PM

Unfortunately there's no key.  This is something that would make a good feature request to help enhance the usability of the wall drawing tool.

• 3.  RE: What keyboard key allows panning (navigating) while drawing in walls?

Posted May 26, 2015 10:06 AM

Thank you Rob.

Just curious, does the non-browser version of VRF allow more control?

(I've heard its very difficult to design browser apps that allow fine grained control for the user.)

• 4.  RE: What keyboard key allows panning (navigating) while drawing in walls?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2015 11:53 AM

I like your thinking, but the VisualRF code in AirWave is almost exactly the same as in VisualRF Plan (with some changes to allow it to stand alone).  The main benefit being a new feature or bug fix on one is also implemented on the other, so they should both be parallel aside from the timing of releases (usually an AMP release comes first, with a VisualRF Plan release trailing if needed).