Wireless Access

Contributor II

What method can detect AP is properly

Dear Sir

My company has two 224 suddenly unable to manage, the AP state is down, but can ping it from the AC, I make 224 config to the default setting so many time, They still cannot control,What method can detect  AP is properly,very thanls。

20160527南京問題-1.jpg

20160527南京問題-2.jpg

Guru Elite

Re: What method can detect AP is properly

What changes were made to make the AP go down?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

dear Joseph

This is my question, I removed the two 224 and to restore the factory value remains the same status。 I found that if I do’ nt plug the network cable, 224 screen is displayed can not enter the startup screen (Figure 1). If I plug the network cable, AP will get DHCP IP, it can be enter AP startup screen, but I can not reset the IP (Figure II), Controller still cannot manage 224, which way can be check AP is normal?

(Figure 1)

20160527南京問題-3.jpg

(Figure II)

20160527南京問題-4.jpg

Guru Elite

- How are you powering the access point?

- It says the access point is on a 10/100 port.  Is that correct?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

dear Joseph

I powering the 224 by transformer and a 10/100 port is also correct (figure),becuase the switch port is 10/100 Mb.

20160531-224 電源-3.jpg

Guru Elite

Try using ethernet0 on the AP.

Colin Joseph

Contributor II

dear Joseph

I try test eth0 and eth1 so many time, are there some command can queries the log ?

cli help.jpg

Guru Elite

You cannot type any commands at that prompt.  Is there a firewall between the controller and the AP?

Colin Joseph

Contributor II

dear Joseph

No firewall between controller and AP 。 we have a total of 170 AP, recently there have been few suddenly disconnected, most of they to factory_reset back to normal, but there are 2 224 is useless, I try many time still be not working。so why I ask how to detect AP method.

Guru Elite

Were the AP 224s deployed before?

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: