Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

When I hook up my APs, they are not recognized by the controller. Syslog message below.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  When I hook up my APs, they are not recognized by the controller. Syslog message below.

Posted Nov 05, 2013 11:57 AM

When I hook up my APs, they are not recognized by the controller.  The syslog indicates: ncftpget e500.ari  server said: No such file or directory.

Is it missing software or license files??  What is it complaining about.

• 2.  RE: When I hook up my APs, they are not recognized by the controller. Syslog message below.

Posted Nov 05, 2013 01:40 PM

What AOS are you running and what type of APs you are trying to attach ?

• 3.  RE: When I hook up my APs, they are not recognized by the controller. Syslog message below.

Posted Nov 05, 2013 02:32 PM

AOS 6.1.3.6

AP105

APIN0225

Les.

• 4.  RE: When I hook up my APs, they are not recognized by the controller. Syslog message below.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2013 03:17 PM

@murrayl wrote:

AOS 6.1.3.6

AP105

APIN0225

Les.

Murray L,

The minimum code version for AP225 is 6.3.  Please upgrade your controller and try again.  http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/DS_AP220Series.pdf

• 5.  RE: When I hook up my APs, they are not recognized by the controller. Syslog message below.

Posted Nov 05, 2013 04:18 PM

As cjoseph pointed out you need to upgrade to 6.3 to support 225 , that message is an indication that the AP is not able to upgrade since it can't perform the FTP to load the AOS.

Are you also experiencing this issue with the AP105 too or just for the 225 ?

• 6.  RE: When I hook up my APs, they are not recognized by the controller. Syslog message below.

Posted Nov 05, 2013 06:20 PM

Both.

• 7.  RE: When I hook up my APs, they are not recognized by the controller. Syslog message below.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2013 06:28 PM

Murray L does this controller work for ANY access points at this time?