Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Which version of the ArubaOS can I run on my 3400 controller?

Hey ppl, I have a 3400 which is running ArubaOS 5.0.4.3 on partition 0:0 and ArubaOS 6.1.3.1 on partition 0:1. I would like to have the same OS ver running on both partitions. 1) which version can I run and are there steps to the upgrade process?

Also, how can I dl the the latest OS? Link?

Thanks,

-J

Re: Which version of the ArubaOS can I run on my 3400 controller?

If you go to the support.arubanetworks.com you can download the latest code
You should be able to run to AOS 6.4
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

thanks for the reply, do you think I should update? what are the advantages? things are running pretty smooth here and don't want to 'fix what's not broke' if you know what I mean. Just odd both partitions have differnet OS versions.

Also, we have the 61 and 105 AP types throughout the district. I need to purchase more APs. Which models should I purchase that will work with the 3400?

Thanks

Guru Elite

Technie211,

You should only upgrade if you need to use new hardware that requires it or software features.

The partitions have different OS versions, because the controller can only boot from one at a time.  You can switch back and forth between operating systems by changing the boot partition and rebooting.  This is expected.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Is that setup like that for redundancy? Only one drive at work at a time?

Guru Elite

No.  It is setup that way, so that you can just switch OS by changing the boot partition.  Only one can run at a time.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

oh ok. So if I do decide to update the AOS should I just update one partition and leave the other one with a different/lower version?

Just trying to get a handle on this. I've only been working here a little over a month.

Thanks

Guru Elite

Yes.  A common strategy is to update the opposite partition that you are currently booting from.  If you want to revert back, you cn just switch boot variables, instead of having to upload the old version.

Colin Joseph

got it. Thanks for all this info. Will definitely help me down the road.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: