Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

White list AP export & import

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  White list AP export & import

Posted Dec 16, 2014 11:58 AM

Hi,

I have enabled control plane security with Auto cert on the 7210 controller. AOS is 6.4.2.2

For security purpose i want to remove Auto cert checkbox.

Is it possible to export or copy the current white listed AP & import after unchecked Auto cert?

Thanks in advance...

• 2.  RE: White list AP export & import
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2014 07:38 PM

nik-mh,

You should be able to export the whitelist by doing:

local-userdb export <filename>

And then you should be able to copy the filename off of the controller using tftp or whatever copy method.

One caveat of doing this is that the RAP whitelist as well as the guest database are just tables in the local-userdb, so if you import this file, the rap whitelist as well as the guest database  of the target system will be overwritten with what you exported.

Caveat#2,  If you attempt to import this on a different controller than the one that distributed the certificates in the first place, OR if the access point was wiped out, the access points might still have to go through the process to obtain a certificate from the new controller.  The whitelist would only indicate what access points are permitted to go through the process..

I am not sure if I enumerated all of the gotchas with this procedure.