Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Why IAP didn't showed UP on controller when specifying the controller IP to it?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Why IAP didn't showed UP on controller when specifying the controller IP to it?

Posted May 25, 2014 02:45 PM

I Have Got IAP-105 and Controller 620 I changed the mode in IAP to be controller based and gave it the IP of teh controller but it didn't show u I tried this many time same issue..Any well known issue?

• 2.  RE: Why IAP didn't showed UP on controller when specifying the controller IP to it?

Posted May 25, 2014 04:05 PM
    Do you have enough licenses on that controller ?
    PAPI / GRE ports allowed in that network ?

Show ap license-usage
    Show log system all | include <IAP Mac >

• 3.  RE: Why IAP didn't showed UP on controller when specifying the controller IP to it?

Posted May 27, 2014 08:02 AM

Yes I got all things to make it work but the same

• 4.  RE: Why IAP didn't showed UP on controller when specifying the controller IP to it?

Posted May 27, 2014 08:21 AM

Is it a RAP?

Is it in the whitelist?

• 5.  RE: Why IAP didn't showed UP on controller when specifying the controller IP to it?

Posted May 27, 2014 08:44 AM

it is IAP-105 I adedd it on white list the same and also IAP-135 the same

• 6.  RE: Why IAP didn't showed UP on controller when specifying the controller IP to it?

Posted May 31, 2014 08:11 AM

which version of ArubaOS on the 620? when you console to the IAP does it show it has been converted? when you check the controller session table do you see a session from the IAP, well AP now?