Wireless Access

New Contributor

Why cant I debug the DHCP exchange on the controller for my wifi clients

I have a very strange problem that I cannot seem to resolve involving a Aruba Mobility 3600 controller (Ver 6.3.1.8) AP105's DHCP Relay agent on a checkpoint firewall to a windows 2kr8 DHCP server.

I have a problem debugging the DHCP exchange on the controller between any WiFi client and the DHCP server.  I know that the server is able to provide addresses to windows 7 laptops so I assume all my other devices (router firewall) are configured correctly, however no other type of client Iphone, android phones etc are able to get DHCP. I have debugged everything I can think of on the checkpoint side and from the DHCP server, I can see the DHCP discover, then the DHCP offer but no DHCP request come back to the server which leads me to believe the offer isnt reaching the clients.

I am now trying to view the DHCP exchange on the controller, I have checked on numerous support pages and it always refers to the following commands....

logging level debugging network subcat dhcp

<replicate issue>

show log network 50

I cant work out why there is nothing showing on screen when i issue the show command. Any Advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Luke

Guru Elite

Re: Why cant I debug the DHCP exchange on the controller for my wifi clients

it might be overkill but check out the DHCP fingerprinting VRD herehttp://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/ArubaOS-DHCP-Fingerprinting/ta-p/155604

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the link I have been looking through and again it states that I should be able to view the DHCP packet exchange using the commands.....

logging level debugging network

show log network all

but i dont get any output regarding DHCP using this command either.

Do i have to do something else to view the DHCP packets on the controller?

Many Thanks

Luke

Guru Elite

Luke,

That should be all that you need.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: