Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Why don't all the AP-Groups show up

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Why don't all the AP-Groups show up

Posted Nov 22, 2011 03:06 PM

APs/Devices/List>click wrench beside AP

Aruba AP Group pull down.

Only a subset of Groups appear.....

TIA

• 2.  RE: Why don't all the AP-Groups show up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2011 03:32 PM

Try running an "import settings" on the controller from the Manage tab in Airwave.

• 3.  RE: Why don't all the AP-Groups show up

Posted Nov 22, 2011 04:34 PM

Bill, by default, your Aruba config is global across the AMP. Within the AMP Group in which the controllers reside, there is a section where you specify which ap-groups, ap-names, etc., should be pushed to those controllers. Go to that AMP Group's page and click the 'Aruba Config' sub-tab. I'm betting the AOS ap-groups you are missing are not checked in that list.

You can also import as Zach said, but that risks importing some items you don't want applied everywhere. It's best to use Airwave as the authoritative point for config if you're managing config on Airwave at all. - my two cents.

• 4.  RE: Why don't all the AP-Groups show up

Posted Nov 23, 2011 07:56 AM

Try running an "import settings" on the controller from the Manage tab in Airwave.
    Tried that on both controllers, didn't work.

Go to that AMP Group's page and click the 'Aruba Config' sub-tab. I'm betting the AOS ap-groups you are missing are not checked in that list.
    I have 12 AP Groups and they are not all listed in this sub-tab.

I'm in Monitor mode.

TIA

• 5.  RE: Why don't all the AP-Groups show up
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 28, 2011 03:20 PM

You'll want to click the "Import" button on the Audit page for the controller, not the Manage page. 

• 6.  RE: Why don't all the AP-Groups show up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 28, 2011 03:29 PM

@jluther wrote:

You'll want to click the "Import" button on the Audit page for the controller, not the Manage page. 

You are correct. My mistake.

• 7.  RE: Why don't all the AP-Groups show up

Posted Nov 28, 2011 04:10 PM
    Forgive me, but did you click the "show all" link just above the listing of checked Aruba AP Groups? By default, it'll only show ther ap-groups that been checked to be pushed to the controllers in that AMP Group.