Contributor II

Why don't all the AP-Groups show up

APs/Devices/List>click wrench beside AP

Aruba AP Group pull down.

Only a subset of Groups appear.....

TIA

Aruba Employee

Re: Why don't all the AP-Groups show up

Try running an "import settings" on the controller from the Manage tab in Airwave.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
MVP

Bill, by default, your Aruba config is global across the AMP. Within the AMP Group in which the controllers reside, there is a section where you specify which ap-groups, ap-names, etc., should be pushed to those controllers. Go to that AMP Group's page and click the 'Aruba Config' sub-tab. I'm betting the AOS ap-groups you are missing are not checked in that list.

You can also import as Zach said, but that risks importing some items you don't want applied everywhere. It's best to use Airwave as the authoritative point for config if you're managing config on Airwave at all. - my two cents.

==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Contributor II

Try running an "import settings" on the controller from the Manage tab in Airwave.
Tried that on both controllers, didn't work.

Go to that AMP Group's page and click the 'Aruba Config' sub-tab. I'm betting the AOS ap-groups you are missing are not checked in that list.
I have 12 AP Groups and they are not all listed in this sub-tab.

I'm in Monitor mode.

TIA

Regular Contributor I

You'll want to click the "Import" button on the Audit page for the controller, not the Manage page. 

Aruba Employee

jluther wrote:

You'll want to click the "Import" button on the Audit page for the controller, not the Manage page. 

You are correct. My mistake.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
MVP

Forgive me, but did you click the "show all" link just above the listing of checked Aruba AP Groups? By default, it'll only show ther ap-groups that been checked to be pushed to the controllers in that AMP Group.
==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: