Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

WiFi coverage for estimated spectators?

I'm trying to do some rough planning for our athletic events.

Our baseball and football fields are side-by-side and the site itself is flat, of course.

We have approximately 600 people who we would like to provide free WiFi coverage for when they attend our baseball and football games.

My controllers are 3600 series and we have 2, Aruba Instant IAP-275 - wireless access points available for use but we could buy more if needed.

Can someone give me an idea (or guess) as to how many connections the two, 275 APs could reasonably support? Also, do you have any recommendations as to what type of hardware we might want to implement to support these guests? *I'm* thinking this is a pretty small requirement for the Aruba, isn't it?

Finally, what type (speed) of backbone do you think we would minimally need to provide a reasonable "experience" for the guests?

Ed

Guru Elite

Re: WiFi coverage for estimated spectators?

edflecko,

There are quite a number of different answers based on how you could actually mount those devices and what strategy you use for deployment.  You should engage an outdoor professional  to see what the answers are for your specific deployment.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

I agree there are many variables. I guess all I really need to know, for starters, is how many connactions a 275 AP can support???

I have several on hand that I can deploy and would like to use them as a starting point to see what our end-user experience would be like using just them. I think hiring a "consultant" to anyalze a flat-field deployment for a handlful of spectators would be a waste of money, in MY humble opinion.

Ed

Guru Elite

edflecko,

Why don't you start with the outdoor Validated Reference Design Guide here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Outdoor-MIMO-Wireless-Networks/ta-p/155624

That way, you can have enough information to figure out what you need to do.  I should have suggested that in the first post.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: