Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

WiFi in Marquees

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  WiFi in Marquees

Posted Feb 17, 2016 03:25 AM

I have been asked to provice WiFi in 3 marquees which will be used for an exhibition with many stands. 

I need to design the layout number of the access points before they marquees are erected.

Marquee Details:

15m x 39m Aluminium Framed – Wooden base floor, canvas sides and roof structure (Clear Span)
    10m x 35m Framed Structure – Wooden base floor, canvas sides and roof structure (Clear Span)
    12m x 42m Framed Structure – Wooden base floor, canvas sides and roof structure (Clear Span)

I will be using Aruba 215 or 225 Access Points

Thank you for any help

Jill

• 2.  RE: WiFi in Marquees

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2016 04:40 AM

How many simultaneous clients do you think you will be serving?

What are your mounting options?

How many access points do you curently have?

Are these controller-based or instant APs?

• 3.  RE: WiFi in Marquees

Posted Feb 17, 2016 05:20 AM

Hi,

There will be approx 3,000 attendees visiting during a 6 hour period and up to 200 exhibitors. The marquees will be in a line (narrow sides butting onto each other) and the students encouraged to 'flow' through the space. Therefore I see mainly casual use of the wifi, facebook, web browsing etc. The exhibitors ahven't been offered wifi as a service, so I don't expect many to turn up with requirements to stream off the Internet.

Mounting options - we are thinking of attaching to the marquee structure, probably using many tie wraps/velcro etc.

They are controller based APs. I have Aruba 215 and 225 available.

I am thinking of  cabling them all back to one switch.

Jill

• 4.  RE: WiFi in Marquees

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2016 05:59 AM

I would take a look at our High Density VRD here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/High-Density-Wireless-Networks-for-Auditoriums/ta-p/155578 to get some specific ideas about planning and configuration.