Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wifi Deployment consideration on a water park

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Wifi Deployment consideration on a water park

Posted Aug 31, 2014 12:10 PM

Are there any?

There are a bunch of pools, water slides and a lazy river around the park.  Its an open space... Someone told me that the pools could act as a reflectors for the signals and that could cause trouble but i never heard of it... but well i still ask.

Anyways are there any considerations with this?

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Wifi Deployment consideration on a water park

Posted Sep 01, 2014 02:53 AM

802.11n makes use of signals arriving from different paths so this shouldn't a problem. I doubt that even with 802.11b/g this would have been a noticeable issue.

• 3.  RE: Wifi Deployment consideration on a water park

Posted Sep 01, 2014 11:17 AM

Well i think the same.. but still i though i asking to see if any of you guys had any expirience in doing a WLAN for a water park...

Anyone? :)

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Wifi Deployment consideration on a water park
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 02, 2014 08:25 AM

Water is a consideration when shooting RF over large bodies of water in PtP or PtMP situations. For a waterpark, just consider any slides/tunnels with water as evelator shafts and stairwells, in that RF will not go through them very well, but otherwise, the whole thing should be open space and designed as such.

• 5.  RE: Wifi Deployment consideration on a water park

Posted Sep 02, 2014 02:02 PM

Thanks Jerrod :)

Cheers

Carlos