Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wifi disables my wireless card

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Wifi disables my wireless card

Posted Aug 21, 2014 03:22 PM

Hi Airheads,

It happens something strange with a SSID because when i try to connect to this open SSID, the wireless card of my laptop is disabled. I need to restart the wireless card to restablish the operation of the wcard. Even i can not obtain an ip address from this SSID. I try with different type SSIDs (Open, WPA2 Enterprise, WPA PSK) but ia have the same issue.

I'm using a controller 6000 in 6.3.1.8 AOS. The mobile devices don´t have this problem in the same open SSID, i can associate easy and browse normally. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Wifi disables my wireless card

Posted Aug 21, 2014 03:37 PM
    Have you tried updating the drivers ?

• 3.  RE: Wifi disables my wireless card

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2014 03:58 PM
    What brand/model wireless card?
    What operating system?
    Are you using 11ac access points?

• 4.  RE: Wifi disables my wireless card

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2014 06:30 PM

Are you running any kind of WIDS on your contorller, or do you have any blacklisting rules? Does your client mac show up in the blacklist table?

• 5.  RE: Wifi disables my wireless card

Posted Aug 25, 2014 12:43 PM

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay to answer.

Yes victorfabian, i've already updated the drivers for my laptop that i use to configure and test at work. I did the tests in two different laptop which we use to make tests constantly.

Yes capalli, i'm using 11ac AP's and 11n APs too. I'm using Windows 8.1 (I guess here is the problem) and i'm using Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205 in my laptop. 

No jhoward, i'm not in blacklist and we disabled the WIPS to diminish the factors involved in the issue.

Thanks in advance.