Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wifi issues after upgrading Surfrace Pro 3s to Creators update / 1703

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Wifi issues after upgrading Surfrace Pro 3s to Creators update / 1703

Posted May 24, 2017 11:44 AM

Ok, this may be a MS problem but I can confirm it happens with Aruba APs.  I upgraded 2 Surface Pro 3s to the latest "Creators update" version 1703, and started experiencing an issue where they will stop passing traffic even though they have a valid ip and are authenticated.  They WILL work if I force the adapter to 2.4ghz, it seems specific to 5ghz/ac mode.  Sometimes you can get it to work only to have it get into that state suddenly after 10 minutes or so.  The tell-tale sign is the yellow ! on the adapter.  I was wondering if anyone else has seen this happen?  It doesn't seem to matter if its an open network / PSK / .1x auth.  I've read a lot of other users having issues but no definite fix and I've tried the suggestions that are out there. 

• 2.  RE: Wifi issues after upgrading Surfrace Pro 3s to Creators update / 1703

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2017 12:44 PM

You should post the links of other users having problems.

• 3.  RE: Wifi issues after upgrading Surfrace Pro 3s to Creators update / 1703

Posted May 24, 2017 12:53 PM

https://www.onmsft.com/news/internet-connection-problems-surface-after-latest-windows-10-update-are-you-affected

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-issues-with-creators-update/4a20ba4f-33dc-4397-9823-e12dcb2607ba

Note that many reports state really slow speed vs no connection.  I've also tried the 

powershell Disable-NetAdapterRsc -Name wi-fi

command as suggested by many, but there is no change. 

I've observed I can get it working if I temporarly blacklist the client and then unblacklist, but it usually returns after about 10 minutes.

• 4.  RE: Wifi issues after upgrading Surfrace Pro 3s to Creators update / 1703

Posted May 25, 2017 09:47 AM

not 100% related but i can confirm the 5ghz on surface pros doesnt seem to work correctly.  (Connecting to IAP 215)

my issue was a microsoft wireless display adaptor causing choppy / laggy playback. force the card to 2.4ghz (auto doesnt work and 5ghz doesnt work) and the surface plays smooth.