Wireless Access

Contributor I

Wifi issues after upgrading Surfrace Pro 3s to Creators update / 1703

Ok, this may be a MS problem but I can confirm it happens with Aruba APs.  I upgraded 2 Surface Pro 3s to the latest "Creators update" version 1703, and started experiencing an issue where they will stop passing traffic even though they have a valid ip and are authenticated.  They WILL work if I force the adapter to 2.4ghz, it seems specific to 5ghz/ac mode.  Sometimes you can get it to work only to have it get into that state suddenly after 10 minutes or so.  The tell-tale sign is the yellow ! on the adapter.  I was wondering if anyone else has seen this happen?  It doesn't seem to matter if its an open network / PSK / .1x auth.  I've read a lot of other users having issues but no definite fix and I've tried the suggestions that are out there. 

Guru Elite

Re: Wifi issues after upgrading Surfrace Pro 3s to Creators update / 1703

You should post the links of other users having problems.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

https://www.onmsft.com/news/internet-connection-problems-surface-after-latest-windows-10-update-are-you-affected

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-issues-with-creators-update/4a20ba4f-33dc-4397-9823-e12dcb2607ba

Note that many reports state really slow speed vs no connection.  I've also tried the 

powershell Disable-NetAdapterRsc -Name wi-fi

command as suggested by many, but there is no change. 

I've observed I can get it working if I temporarly blacklist the client and then unblacklist, but it usually returns after about 10 minutes.

Occasional Contributor II

not 100% related but i can confirm the 5ghz on surface pros doesnt seem to work correctly.  (Connecting to IAP 215)

my issue was a microsoft wireless display adaptor causing choppy / laggy playback. force the card to 2.4ghz (auto doesnt work and 5ghz doesnt work) and the surface plays smooth.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: