Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Win 8 laptop connects to CP WLAN at some sites but not others

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Win 8 laptop connects to CP WLAN at some sites but not others

Posted Aug 28, 2013 11:25 AM

Hello,

I have a problem with a Windows 8 computer not connecting to our captive portal/guest WLAN. The strange thing is it will connect to the same WLAN at school sites, but not from our district office where the master controller and a handful of APs are provisioned. The WLAN is shared out from our master controller to our school sites. Many other devices (iOS, Android, Chromebooks, Windows 7) connect to the same WLAN without any issues, so I don't think it's a problem with the config--I've looked through configs but can't seem to find anything.

This is my first experience with a Windows 8 machine, so I'm sure it's something I'm not doing. I took the laptop over to a school that is right next to our district office and connected, visited a few sites on the Internet, etc. Then I started walking back to our district office. I lost connection in a dead zone, but it re-established itself once I was in range of the APs at our district office. So I shut the laptop down, started it back up and now it will not connect again. Has anyone experienced anything similar and know where I might start investigating?

We're running 6.1.3.7 on a mix of 3200 and 3400s. The master is a 3200. The APs are all 125s.

Thanks for your time,
    Mark

• 2.  RE: Win 8 laptop connects to CP WLAN at some sites but not others

Posted Aug 28, 2013 02:04 PM

Disregard. I ended up rebooting the APs in the affected AP group and the Windows 8 computer connects reliably now. Not sure why it was having trouble where other devices weren't, but it's working now. :)