Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Windows and Sleep Issues

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Windows and Sleep Issues

Posted Jan 12, 2015 02:50 PM

I'm not sure if anyone is experiencing this but when Windows sleeps the computer, I'm unable to reconnect to the wireless unless the computer is rebooted. Upon waking the computer from sleep, all I'm getting is the windows 169.x.x.x address. We are using PEAP as an authentication method.

• 2.  RE: Windows and Sleep Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2015 02:52 PM
    Are the drivers up to date?

Also, try disabling the sleep settings on the NIC.

• 3.  RE: Windows and Sleep Issues

Posted Jan 12, 2015 02:53 PM

Drivers are up to date and sleep settings are disabled on the NIC. 

• 4.  RE: Windows and Sleep Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2015 03:41 PM

@dimsumk wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone is experiencing this but when Windows sleeps the computer, I'm unable to reconnect to the wireless unless the computer is rebooted. Upon waking the computer from sleep, all I'm getting is the windows 169.x.x.x address. We are using PEAP as an authentication method.

dimsumk,

What is the role that the Windows device is assigned in the controller?  What ACLs do you have assigned?  Type "show rights <role>"

• 5.  RE: Windows and Sleep Issues
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 12, 2015 05:27 PM

You may close this topic as I've found the solution to the problem. The global user-time out value was set pretty low. We raised the timeout value, and no longer have any issues.