Wireless Access

Contributor I

Wired AppleTV AP multicast aggregation Associate to ap-group

Is there a way to make AppleTVs collected off the wire via AP multicast aggregation to associate to an ap-group for airgroup?

I can see multiple locations AppleTVs if they are wired, but if they connect AppleTVs wirelessly they are only visible by the ap-group.

Is it possible to make AppleTVs that are wired associate to an ap-group?

I am using 6.5.0.3 and if needed for this configuration, we have clearpass.

Guru Elite

Re: Wired AppleTV AP multicast aggregation Associate to ap-group

Under Configuration> Advanced Services> Airgroup> Policy, you need to enter the wired mac address of that AppleTV and then under "Associate Server With" you need to enter either the ap-name, or ap-group.  Anyone associated to that ap-name or ap-group will be able to see that wired AppleTV device.  Click on Neighborhood if you want other users on other APS neighboring that AP to also be able to see that AppleTV (you are not always associated to the AP directly in the room).  This is all available without using ClearPass, btw.

Screenshot 2016-12-09 at 13.32.43.png

The direct answer to your question is, that you can trunk the wired VLAN with those AppleTVs to the controller and it will advertise to everyone, or you can manually enter the mac address and it will constrain it to only users who are associated to that AP, ap-group, or neighboring that ap and ap-group.

I hope that even helps...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

So if I understand correctly, we need to manually add wired AppleTVs to an AP group as you described?

There is no method to automatically do this? Is clearpass able to do it?

We have 58 locations, each location easily has 50-100 AppleTVs that would be wired. You can see why this may be an issue.

We don't mind if the whole location can see the AppleTV (Defined by AP-group for us) but we don't want ALL AppleTVs visible at all locations.

Guru Elite

You can very much do this in ClearPass.  The method I described is if you had only a few Apple TVs that you wanted to do it with only the controller.

- Please see the Airgroup Configuration with the Aruba Controller and ClearPass here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/TechNote-v1-3-AirGroup-Configuration-with-ClearPass-6-0-1/ta-p/70720

- Please see the Airgroup Technology Guide to see how it would all work here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/Aruba-AirGroup-Technology-Solution-Guide/ta-p/41030

- A video of how it would work is also here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Airheads-Breakouts/Bala-Krishnamurthy-Demonstrates-ClearPass-AirGroup/ta-p/247174

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: