Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wired access on a RAP2

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Wired access on a RAP2

Posted Dec 16, 2011 07:59 AM

I have a RAP2 deployed with an IP phone attached to the e1 port.  I do not see the ip phone listed in the station table.  Is there a way to see wired devices attached to a RAP device on the controller?  I'm tryiing to figure out what policy or roles get assigned to wired devices.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Wired access on a RAP2
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2011 08:24 AM

If you just enable that port in the Wired Profile under Configuration> Wireless> AP Configuration> Edit AP-Group> Expand AP> Expand Enet Profile> Expand Wired Profile, traffic will pass.  If that port is trusted, it will not be seen in the user table.

If you make the port "untrusted" under the Wired Profile and assign a AAA profile, it will get the "Initial Role" of that AAA profile, and be seen in the user table.

• 3.  RE: Wired access on a RAP2

Posted Dec 16, 2011 08:37 AM

So I have to make all the ports untrusted and apply an AAA profile inorder to apply user roles to that RAP?

• 4.  RE: Wired access on a RAP2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2011 08:46 AM
    Not all ports. I don't think you want to make e0 untrusted.

If you are playing with these settings, you might want to do it in a lab environment first. If you make these kinds of changes in the live environment, you run the risk of having to reset all of your RAPs.

• 5.  RE: Wired access on a RAP2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2011 08:49 AM

The wired AP profile (important to put in the VLAN and make it untrusted, ethernet interface link profile (used to set the speed and duplex of the link, but not really important, and the AAA profile parameters are subordinate or "daughters" of the  Ethernet Interface X port configuration.  If I have an enet port 1 configuration of "default" and I change the Wired AP profile under it to be untrusted (click apply), then go to the AAA profile and change it (click apply), I can then reuse that enet port 1 config of default on enet 2 port configuration and it will copy all of the wired ap profile, ethernet interface link profile and aaa profile config I made to enet2 on the RAP (rap2 does not have enet2, though).

Long story short, you can reuse the same ethernet interface X port profile, on all ports to achieve this result on all ports.