Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wired and chromecast WIFI on same subnet

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Wired and chromecast WIFI on same subnet

Posted Aug 25, 2014 05:47 AM

Hi all

Controller is running on 6.2 version. we dont have airgroup

We have requirement for two desktops ( connected to LAN) sharing browser to chromecast(connected to Wi-Fi). As these dont work across subnets.

Im tying to bring chromecast onto network as desktops. I mean desktops and chromecast onto same vlan.

Now as if desktops tries to discover chromecast ..it as to do multicast 239.255.255.250.

Will it be problem for other desktops in the same vlan like latency issues because of this multicasting and even i cant drop boradcast /multicast ?????

Warm Regards

Sri

• 2.  RE: Wired and chromecast WIFI on same subnet
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2014 06:41 AM
    For best performance, you should upgrade to a version of code that supports AirGroup and then drop broadcast/multicast.

• 3.  RE: Wired and chromecast WIFI on same subnet

Posted Aug 25, 2014 06:45 AM

@cappalli wrote:
    For best performance, you should upgrade to a version of code that supports AirGroup and then drop broadcast/multicast.

Ya.  without dropping bc/mc. If i keep chromecast and desktops in same vlan. that particular vlan desktops will have latency issues???

im not sure whether we can place wired and wireless clients on same subnet!!!!!

In here, im jus keeping only chromecast device same as wired vlan

• 4.  RE: Wired and chromecast WIFI on same subnet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2014 06:52 AM
    The desktops will be fine but you may seem performance issues with the wireless clients.

• 5.  RE: Wired and chromecast WIFI on same subnet

Posted Aug 25, 2014 09:39 AM

i have connected chromecast to wifi vlan 400 .....and desktops in vlan 400(LAN)

when im trying to access chromecast from desktop its working fine but. sometimes its working and sometimes its not working

i tried troubleshooting ...ping is working fine.

and even i have checked datapath session table communication is happening.

but i cant chromecast sometimes

• 6.  RE: Wired and chromecast WIFI on same subnet

Posted Aug 25, 2014 01:20 PM
    does chromecast always need active internet connection

• 7.  RE: Wired and chromecast WIFI on same subnet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2014 01:23 PM
    Yes, it does.

• 8.  RE: Wired and chromecast WIFI on same subnet

Posted Aug 26, 2014 01:47 AM

In controller dashboard, i could see lot of multicasting is happening more than 30% . we have only around 8 devices which are bonjour and SSDP.

Lot of multicasting will be a problem ???