Wireless Access

New Contributor

Wireless Best Practice / signal strength

Hi ,

I would like to know what is the wirless best practice while using Aruba like cisco says -67 DBM signal strength is considered as their best practice...so do we have any document which states about Aruba best practice in terms of signal level.

Guru Elite

Re: Wireless Best Practice / signal strength

-67 in practice is a good target across the board for all clients.  For more information, pleasesee "Optimizing Aruba WLANs for Roaming Devices" here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/DG_Roaming.pdf

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the document, I have gne through with the document but it says that its -67 dbm for vioce.......in my setup there is no voice only data.

So any document for best practice for data part ?

Guru Elite

Bhrt1266 wrote:

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the document, I have gne through with the document but it says that its -67 dbm for vioce.......in my setup there is no voice only data.

So any document for best practice for data part ?

Bhrt,

That document accounts for the fact that you might have voice mixed into your population.   The indoor 802.11n site survey and planning document has good information and principles about the network you are interested in building: http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/Indoor80211n_2012-05-31.pdf   

The -67 number depends on the voice handset manufacturer.  If you are not doing voice, the document above should suffice.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: