Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Wireless Mesh between AP-365 (portal) and AP-367 (point) in Central

Hi,

I'm new to Aruba and trying to figure out how to create a P2P mesh between a 365 (Portal role) and a 367 (Point role) inside Central. I have turned off Extended SSID on the VC and enabled LAN Bridging on the 367. The 367 doesn't even connect to the 365 over Wifi.

They are running the latest firmware (8.3.0.1_65474) and the 365 has the  Mesh role of Portal.

What else do I need to change on this?

I've searched heaps online and according to the articles, this is all I need to do.

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Wireless Mesh between AP-365 (portal) and AP-367 (point) in Central

I saw that thread but being from a firmware version 2 major versions ago it seemed quite old.

I got this working and this was the summary:

• Enter the SSID and WPA2 key for the Mesh SSID into the VC Uplink Wifi settings. It doesn’t magically do it like the manuals say so.
  • Meshing didn't work on 5Ghz. When you try the AP console states a message on boot, 5G used, Mesh Point will NOT be used (or something like that). The manuals say it should work, it doesn’t. I set the uplink as 2.4Ghz in the VC and worked. It seems odd as evidently it ONLY meshes on 5Ghz.
  • The Mesh Point AP’s take for freakin ever to boot…..then connect…….then show up in the VC. Minimum 15mins from AP power on. maybe it's quicker after a power cycle and it's done it once before.
  • Once the mesh is up and even though Eth0 bridge is on, you still can’t get out the remote AP from devices on the remote side. You need to change the ‘default_wired_port_profile’ to Admin Up. Then you can get outside the AP to the Core wired LAN.

About Eth0:

i have the problem, that Eth0 is not bridging (MAC from the AP is visible on the Switch).

What do you mean with "admin up"? 

My cable profile:

wired-port-profile P2P-Trunk
switchport-mode trunk
allowed-vlan 104
native-vlan 106
trusted
no shutdown
access-rule-name P2P-Trunk
speed auto
duplex auto
poe
type employee
auth-server InternalServer
captive-portal disable
no dot1x

Hi, this is a screen capture from Aruba Central where I fixed that part.

Thanks, this seems the same like "no shut".

Would i be possible to login to both APs and send me a "show run"?

Thanks and BRs

André

I can't at the moment as the site is new and they haven't been installed yet. Sitting in boxes onsite at the moment.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: