Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Yosemite WiFi Issues

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Yosemite WiFi Issues

Posted Oct 27, 2014 09:36 AM

Yosemite has been an up and down roller coaster for me connectivity wise ever since upgrading. Random disconnects, not popultaing SSIDs. PEAP issues, disconnecting and reconnecting. In writing this post it disconnected once already.  I caught a trace of it disconnecting. It revealed the NIC sending a deauth in what appeared to be for no good reason. 

Wanted to reach out and see what others were seeing. I read this article yesterday and may give it a try.

http://osxdaily.com/2014/10/25/fix-wi-fi-problems-os-x-yosemite/

Im also seeing issues with iOS 8 on my iPhone and iPad. Neigbor list take forever to populate. Anyone else seeing these issues ? 

• 2.  RE: Yosemite WiFi Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 27, 2014 09:37 AM

We have many customers reporting the same issues.

There are also tons of posts in the Apple forums. 

• 3.  RE: Yosemite WiFi Issues

Posted Oct 27, 2014 09:40 AM

Im amazed by vendors and their lack of testing prior to release espcially when it comes to WiFi. Its like producing a car or providing upgrades to said car with known / unknown untested engine problems. I dont get it ... 

Im doing more traces today. Deauth shows no real reason either ..

And of course its the WiFi network ... Gezzz... 

• 4.  RE: Yosemite WiFi Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 27, 2014 09:49 AM

It's getting worse too which is interesting since they're now doing public beta testing. You'd think the final release would be better.

• 5.  RE: Yosemite WiFi Issues

Posted Oct 27, 2014 10:39 AM

What is your experince with the keychain and WLANs. I find when you join a new WLAN its added to other iOS devices in minutes. Very nice fetaure and saves a lot of time. However there is some risk I suppose if a device isnt password protected and is stolen.

I thought when you delete a WLAN from a device it would remove it from the keychain and eventially other devices. But that isnt the case in my testing ..

Have you played with it ?

• 6.  RE: Yosemite WiFi Issues

Posted Nov 14, 2014 11:07 AM

• 7.  RE: Yosemite WiFi Issues

Posted Nov 17, 2014 03:15 PM