Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Zigbee -- Do you allow it in your environment ?

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Zigbee -- Do you allow it in your environment ?

Posted Mar 20, 2013 01:12 PM

I've been asked to look at some Zigbee products that our facility folks want to deploy throughout the enterprise. I analyzed Zigbee before and see little cause for concern. In the past I would put the hammer down. Only allowing device in 2.4 that would connect to my WiFi. But it seems the need is becoming more and more from other departments.  I am curious what the general consensus is about deploying Zigbee in a large enterprise. 

Any feedback is appreciated. 

• 2.  RE: Zigbee -- Do you allow it in your environment ?

Posted Mar 20, 2013 02:40 PM

• 3.  RE: Zigbee -- Do you allow it in your environment ?

Posted Mar 21, 2013 10:47 AM

Thank you for taking the time and sharing these links. I have read most of them in the past and you added some new ones I haven't. I caught up on those as well.

Im looking for anyone who actually has deployed say a few hundred or a couple thousand devices. Anyone ?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Zigbee -- Do you allow it in your environment ?

Posted May 24, 2013 11:25 AM

I've read these docs as well, but am looking to hear back from someone who has delpoyed ZigBee.  We're building out our new campus and the building management group wants to put in the Trane's wireless building controls.  This system will go in before the wireless is designed, so I'm wondering if there are any design considerations that need to be made before/after the wireless is design.  Preferrably, we'd configure the Trane system to work around our Wifi, rather than the other way around.

• 5.  RE: Zigbee -- Do you allow it in your environment ?
    Best Answer

Posted May 26, 2013 09:58 AM

We did extensive testing on the Zigbee solution we were looking at. It was very low power and you couldnt even see the duty. We deployed it in a office enviroment and seen no impact at all.

• 6.  RE: Zigbee -- Do you allow it in your environment ?

Posted May 26, 2013 03:54 PM

I have read that there is potential for the wifi network to cause issues for the ZigBee network if AP transmit power is too high.  Not sure what values are considered "high" but have you seen any problems?

• 7.  RE: Zigbee -- Do you allow it in your environment ?

Posted May 26, 2013 10:36 AM
    We had several of those in a hospital environment and it didnt impacted wireless performance