Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

airmch and arm

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  airmch and arm

Posted Apr 03, 2018 12:59 PM

Hi sir,

I have a question!

In the AOS 8 MM with md topology, I want to fix the channel and transmit power of one of the APs. How do I implement this?

Also, does the arm work when I turn off the airmach?

• 2.  RE: airmch and arm

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2018 01:37 PM

You need to use the "Airmatch AP freeze" command to statically set the access point power and channel.  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_82_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/ap_airmatch.htm?Highlight=freeze

When you freeze the channel and power, it stays like that.  If you unfreeze, Airmatch resumes working.

• 3.  RE: airmch and arm

Posted Apr 03, 2018 02:53 PM

Thank you a lot.

So, I can understand that when I turn off Airmacth globally, arm will funcation,right?

• 4.  RE: airmch and arm

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2018 02:54 PM

When you execute a freeze, those access points have static channel and power.  All the rest of the access points function on their Airmatch channels and power.  ARM does not come into the picture, at all.

• 5.  RE: airmch and arm

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2018 05:10 PM

I don't believe you can turn off AirMatch globally, to do so you would have to do an AP Freeze on all APs, and even then it would still be enabled, but not applying the channel / power plan. If you have an MM, you are using Airmatch.

• 6.  RE: airmch and arm

Posted Nov 09, 2018 08:56 AM

Can you please clarify my statements?

(AOS8)

MM Deployment: AirMatch runs, ARM is obsolete?

Standalone Deployment: Airmatch is not possible, ARM runs?

Previously we used to configure the arm-profiles to give it a power range.

rf arm-profile "default-a"
      max-tx-power "18"
      min-tx-power "12"
    rf arm-profile "default-g"
      max-tx-power "12"
      min-tx-power "6"

Now we configure the dot11a/g radio-profile

rf dot11a-radio-profile "default"
        eirp-max 18
        eirp-min 12
    !
    rf dot11g-radio-profile "default"
        eirp-max 12
        eirp-min 6 

Under a dot11a/g radio-profile there is always a ARM Profile assigned. 

Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) Profile        default-a

How are those technologies working together or not, why there is a arm profile under a dot11a/g profile?

Greetings

Marc

• 7.  RE: airmch and arm

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 11, 2018 03:11 PM

Airmatch does not run unless there is an MM in your network on AOS 8

Please see Master Controller Mode (MCM) in the AirubaOS 8 Fundamentals Guide here:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/atmosphere/2018-Airheads/Fundamentals%20Guide%20-%20ArubaOS%208%20Fundamentals.pdf

Capture.PNG

• 8.  RE: airmch and arm

Posted Nov 12, 2018 03:47 AM

But does ARM still run when a MM is in my network?

Why there is a arm profile under a dot11a/g profile? - Sorry this is so confusing.

• 9.  RE: airmch and arm

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 12, 2018 04:17 AM

ARM does not run when an MM is in your network, but the ARM noise wait parameter in the ARM profile parameter is still used (when an MM is present) to force a channel change when there is too much noise on a channel.  The other parameters in the ARM profile are ignored when Airmatch is running and an MM is in the network.

If the same configuration is loaded on a controller in MCM (no MM) mode, the Airmatch parameters in the radio profile are ignored and the ARM parameters are used.  I hope that makes sense.