Wireless Access

Contributor I

airmch and arm

Hi sir,

I have a question!

In the AOS 8 MM with md topology, I want to fix the channel and transmit power of one of the APs. How do I implement this?

Also, does the arm work when I turn off the airmach?

Guru Elite

Re: airmch and arm

You need to use the "Airmatch AP freeze" command to statically set the access point power and channel.  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_82_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/ap_airmatch.htm?Highlight=freeze

When you freeze the channel and power, it stays like that.  If you unfreeze, Airmatch resumes working.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor I

Re: airmatch and arm

Thank you a lot.

So, I can understand that when I turn off Airmacth globally, arm will funcation,right?

Guru Elite

When you execute a freeze, those access points have static channel and power.  All the rest of the access points function on their Airmatch channels and power.  ARM does not come into the picture, at all.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

I don't believe you can turn off AirMatch globally, to do so you would have to do an AP Freeze on all APs, and even then it would still be enabled, but not applying the channel / power plan. If you have an MM, you are using Airmatch.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: