Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ap-105 maximum clients

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ap-105 maximum clients

Posted Feb 28, 2013 05:03 PM

Hi,

Assuming a perfect world scenario here for a second where everything is best practise and setup correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how many wireless laptops an ap-105 could theoretically handle at the same time? This assumes the laptops are 802.11n and logging onto a windows domain.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Maguire

• 2.  RE: ap-105 maximum clients
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 28, 2013 08:03 PM

Hi,

Lets start with the basic:

The maximum number of users supported is 255, however in a best practices designed wireless LAN there will be multiple APs in a given environment to provide coverage and capacity.

:smileyvery-happy:

now please let me explain a bit:

If your clients supporting 802.11n (2.4Ghz+5Ghz) -and you deploying AP-105 ,You can use band steering - and choose to balance bands.

You question got a lot of variables:

:smileyhappy:

My base role of amount of client per AP is first depends on the clients device/system and then on the application/data/services/ssid/auth types - That your clients would like to run.

We as a thumb rule - don't like to service more than 25-35 users top on each radio module (70 users at the top.Maximum if you really must .It will fit for - lan/wan basic services with bandwidth contract and airtime fairness.If needed :)  in 1 AP105 |  35 on 2.4Ghz and 35 on 5Ghz)

*You should also remember that not all the clients will have good SNR and LOS to your specific AP.

*Always make sure to use 10/100/1000 eth ports to your AP-105 (because your client traffic may need more than 10/100 connectivity) *

*you can limit the number of client on each ap - by default it's 64,we set it on 25-35.*

:robothappy: READ THE FOLLOWING POST - HERE IN AIRHEADS - IT WILL GIVE YOU A LOT OF INFO - REGARDING YOUR QUESTION:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Access-Points-and-Mesh-Routers/Max-number-of-conccurent-users-AP/td-p/12567

Regards.

Me

• 3.  RE: ap-105 maximum clients

Posted Feb 28, 2013 09:39 PM

Also you have to take in mind if you got voice ip phones in there... then it would be less than 30... maybe 20 per band...

If you using high intensive BW app on your network you might try with 20-25 or less than 20 it depends... it alwways depends on your network...  But in general  you can fallow what kdis98 just said.

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: ap-105 maximum clients

Posted Mar 03, 2013 03:49 PM

Hey thanks for the replies both!

I am responsible for our wireless deployments, but I want to get them right. We already have some deployments out there in some of the sites we support and one or two have performance issues.

I am getting used to the Aruba terminology and how stuff works, but it is when things like dense deployments and co-channel interference are mentioned it starts to get confusing. I do read the VRD documents, but I find that they leave me asking more questions than they answer.

Thanks

Maguire

• 5.  RE: ap-105 maximum clients

Posted Mar 03, 2013 04:00 PM

You can always ask what confuse you, we will try to help you, if i dont know, or also the other fellows.. there are also Aruba Employees answering here! this is what make this place such a great one :)

• 6.  RE: ap-105 maximum clients

Posted Mar 05, 2013 05:12 AM
    Hi Asa,

as you said
    *you can limit the number of client on each ap - by default it's 64,we set it on 25-35.*

which command is used to configure it ??

• 7.  RE: ap-105 maximum clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2013 06:53 AM

@syedmuradali wrote:
    Hi Asa,

as you said

which command is used to configure it ??

syedmuradali,

Nobody really touches that.  There are very few reasons to modify it.

• 8.  RE: ap-105 maximum clients

Posted Apr 24, 2013 06:45 AM
    i am asking it just for my knowledge...

• 9.  RE: ap-105 maximum clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 24, 2013 07:08 AM
    It is the max associations parameter under advanced in the ssid profile.

• 10.  RE: ap-105 maximum clients

Posted Apr 24, 2013 07:21 AM
    :-) Got it Thank you