Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ap 224

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ap 224

Posted Dec 20, 2013 12:13 PM

i can't seem to get the straight answers. i called the aruba support team and i posted these questions a couple of days ago but i haven't seen the any replys yet 

i have an ap 224 and ap-ant 17. i need to install the ap inside the building and antenna outside the building. my atenna cables are short so i need pig tail cables. i was recommened to use ANT-CBL-1 pigtail cable but this has N type connectors on both ends. 

first, it's not compatible with AP 224 RP-SMA connectors.

lastly, it wouldn't work with AP (female), pigtail cables (male - male), lightning arrestors (male - female), and antenna (male) 

please reply 

thank you

• 2.  RE: ap 224

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2013 12:17 PM

Are you sure you got the ANT-17?  That has RP-SMA connectors.  Please see this list - we have a 120, 60 degree and omni available for the 224:

Aruba Indoor/Outdoor Antenna AP-ANT-17 (715 KB)
    Indoor/Outdoor, Triple Element 120 Degree Sector, Dual-band
    AP-ANT-17 is a dual-band 3-element 120 degree sector antenna for use in 802.11n MIMO applications.

Aruba Indoor/Outdoor Antenna MIMO AP-ANT-18 (993 KB)
    Indoor/Outdoor, Triple Element 60 Degree Sector, Dual Band
    AP-ANT-18 is a dual-band three-element 60-degree sector antenna for use in 802.11n MIMO applications

Aruba Indoor/Outdoor Antenna Omni AP-ANT-19 (606 KB)
    Indoor/Outdoor, Dual Band Omnidirectional
    This antenna offers full-band coverage for 802.11b/a/g/n and includes all hardware required to mount indoors or outdoors. It provides full-band coverage and omnidirectional coverage over both bands.

• 3.  RE: ap 224

Posted Dec 20, 2013 12:24 PM

i didn't mention but i was also recommended to use ap ant 92, ant-cbl-1, and ap-lar-1

regardless it wouldn't work because of the pigtail cables. do you have male to female pigtail cables?

do i need to switch out the ap since it's not N type connectors?

• 4.  RE: ap 224

Posted Dec 20, 2013 12:48 PM

i just talked to two aruba engineers and one sales team and nobody can answer my questions.

all you have to do is open up the specs and you will know what i am taking about here. if iam wrong then let me know

i am not trying to put anybody on the spot. i was told by airheads to use ap 224, ap ant 92, ant-cbl-1, and ap-lar-1.

will it work? if not then what's the solution? do you have female to male pigtail cables?

do i need a new AP to make it compatible to N type connectors?

thank you

• 5.  RE: ap 224

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2013 02:19 PM

OK...I looked at your post history.  I told you to use those accessories but in your original question there was no AP model defined.  There was in another reply but no one answered that followup question.  

Apologies for any confusion but here are your current answers.

We do not sell any RP-SMA to N connector adaptors.  You can procure them through a third party.  

If you want another AP, the accessories you have will work with the AP175