Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ap 275 mesh

Posted Jan 13, 2015 01:32 PM

How about mesh feature in this AP? Have the AP-275 support it yet?

• 2.  RE: ap 275 mesh
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 13, 2015 01:33 PM

Not yet. Should be implemented shortly. Contact your Aruba account team for more information.

• 3.  RE: ap 275 mesh

Posted Jan 13, 2015 01:42 PM

Hi,

Thank you very much for quick responce! Additional regarding this AP I'd like to ask about bridge mode which this AP are able to work. When connection between controller and AP is broken AP switch the traffic to LAN but what about local authetication? Is it possible to do local authentication (using local Radius)? Is AP able to make replication local user base from controller (AP will authenticate new user)

• 4.  RE: ap 275 mesh
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 13, 2015 09:00 PM

If I understand you correctly, no, there's no authentication support without the controller. You can modify the system timers to make it more resilient to controller outages for short periods of times, but ultimately controller-based APs require the controller to function.

If controller outages are a real concern, redundancy at the controller level will resolve that issue.

• 5.  RE: ap 275 mesh

Posted Jun 23, 2016 05:30 AM

Dear colleagues,
    As i know there is some Aruba point-to-point bridge online calculator but couldn't find it.
    Can some one help me with?

• 6.  RE: ap 275 mesh

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2016 09:22 AM

In the outdoor VRD there is a graph that shows PtP using the 14dBi antennas. We don't typically show PtP with 275s simply becuase we don't usually recommend PtP with 275s. If you have a distance in mind I can provide you some estimates.

• 7.  RE: ap 275 mesh

Posted Jun 23, 2016 09:43 AM

I need to build a mash network with using IAP-275-RW on distance about 100m between IAP's.
    Max. two hop from the mash portal.
    the main idea is a p-to-mp.
    Two IAP connected to the same mash portal and one more IAP to one of those two.

• 8.  RE: ap 275 mesh

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2016 11:19 AM

A PtP @ 100m between two AP-275s is around 75/150/300Mbps (HT20/40/80 resp). So you can do the math then based on your topology as to what you could expect with all nodes being equal under similar load.