Wireless Access

Contributor I

ap 275 mesh

How about mesh feature in this AP? Have the AP-275 support it yet?

Guru Elite

Re: ap 275 mesh

[ Edited ]

Not yet. Should be implemented shortly. Contact your Aruba account team for more information.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you very much for quick responce! Additional regarding this AP I'd like to ask about bridge mode which this AP are able to work. When connection between controller and AP is broken AP switch the traffic to LAN but what about local authetication? Is it possible to do local authentication (using local Radius)? Is AP able to make replication local user base from controller (AP will authenticate new user)

MVP

If I understand you correctly, no, there's no authentication support without the controller. You can modify the system timers to make it more resilient to controller outages for short periods of times, but ultimately controller-based APs require the controller to function.

If controller outages are a real concern, redundancy at the controller level will resolve that issue.

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
New Contributor

Dear colleagues,
As i know there is some Aruba point-to-point bridge online calculator but couldn't find it.
Can some one help me with?

MVP

In the outdoor VRD there is a graph that shows PtP using the 14dBi antennas. We don't typically show PtP with 275s simply becuase we don't usually recommend PtP with 275s. If you have a distance in mind I can provide you some estimates.

Jerrod Howard
New Contributor

I need to build a mash network with using IAP-275-RW on distance about 100m between IAP's.
Max. two hop from the mash portal.
the main idea is a p-to-mp.
Two IAP connected to the same mash portal and one more IAP to one of those two.

MVP

A PtP @ 100m between two AP-275s is around 75/150/300Mbps (HT20/40/80 resp). So you can do the math then based on your topology as to what you could expect with all nodes being equal under similar load.

Jerrod Howard
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: