Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ap is not showing static ip assigned to it in gui of 7005 but showing different ip even dhcp is off

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ap is not showing static ip assigned to it in gui of 7005 but showing different ip even dhcp is off

Posted Jul 08, 2016 08:46 AM

i have made  ap factory reset and i assigned new ip and master, its not showing in controller gui and its not broadcasting ssid also this is in regard to master and local setup ....... thank you 

• 2.  RE: ap is not showing static ip assigned to it in gui of 7005 but showing different ip even dhcp is off

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 08, 2016 09:22 AM

Are you able to ping the AP from the controller? Is there any output in the AP's console when it is booting up? Do you see anything in the data path (#show datapath session | include xx.xx.xx.xx) do you also have Control Plane Security enabled?

I might be worth posting any logs you may have (show log all | include xx.xx.xx.xx)

• 3.  RE: ap is not showing static ip assigned to it in gui of 7005 but showing different ip even dhcp is off

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2016 09:36 AM

@Mallikarjun wrote:

i have made  ap factory reset and i assigned new ip and master, its not showing in controller gui and its not broadcasting ssid also this is in regard to master and local setup ....... thank you 

If an AP is not "up" the ip address is the last ip address that the AP had when it contacted the controller, NOT the current ip...

• 4.  RE: ap is not showing static ip assigned to it in gui of 7005 but showing different ip even dhcp is off

Posted Jul 11, 2016 05:29 AM

ya it has the ip addr assigned by adp... then how to over come with this and also explain  why its not broadcasting ssid 

• 5.  RE: ap is not showing static ip assigned to it in gui of 7005 but showing different ip even dhcp is off

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 11, 2016 05:33 AM

The IP would be assigned either via DHCP or static IP, ADP is used for the discovery of the controller.Do you have any of the output from the commands previously requested? In the first instance you need to check if there is even connectivity between the AP and the controller.

• 6.  RE: ap is not showing static ip assigned to it in gui of 7005 but showing different ip even dhcp is off

Posted Jul 11, 2016 05:56 AM

i changed its old assigned ip to new ip and same master now its showing new ip in gui but not broadcasting ssid  but its pinging from master to ap ......

• 7.  RE: ap is not showing static ip assigned to it in gui of 7005 but showing different ip even dhcp is off

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2016 05:57 AM
    On the command line of the controller, type "shoe profile errors" to see if you can see anything wrong.