Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ap-lacpap failover time

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ap-lacpap failover time

Posted Feb 07, 2015 04:37 AM

Hi,

We have deployed AP225 and using two ether interfaces for ap lacp, here we are using brocade  POE+ switch to connect the AP's.

as per my understanding we configure power leve for only one ethernet (0 or 1) for other interface power will be default, If one ethernet interface fails or disconnected, how the fail over will happen to secondary interface and how long will the secondary interface  take to operates.

#AP225

• 2.  RE: ap-lacpap failover time

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 07, 2015 04:56 AM

• 3.  RE: ap-lacpap failover time

Posted Feb 07, 2015 10:55 PM

Hi Colin,

Is AP-Lacp is not meant for redundancy? When the one interface is down, the traiffc should failover to other interface. Is this possible in AP225, as power level is configured on one interface.Please see the discussion from the community here, as mentioned two Ethernet interface can be used as active and standby mode

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-do-i-identify-which-uplink-port-of-AP-is-active-when-its/ta-p/203587

#AP225

• 4.  RE: ap-lacpap failover time

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 07, 2015 10:59 PM
    Traffic will be load balanced if LACP is configured. If the link that is providing power dies, the AP will reboot and come up on the second link. 

• 5.  RE: ap-lacpap failover time

Posted Feb 08, 2015 02:19 AM

I am little confused here, please let me know whether any documnet available for ap lacp which explains in detailed.

• 6.  RE: ap-lacpap failover time
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2015 07:12 AM

Venuprasad,

The link is redundant, but the POE is not redundant.  When the AP comes up, it will select POE power from the first link that comes up.  If the opposite link goes down, the AP will stay up.  If the initial link goes down, it has to reboot and obtain power from the other link.

• 7.  RE: ap-lacpap failover time

Posted Feb 08, 2015 11:57 AM

Thanks Colin.