Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

aruba AP in the airwave is down but it working fine in the controller

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  aruba AP in the airwave is down but it working fine in the controller

Posted Oct 06, 2016 02:53 PM

HI, I am running into some problem, I have several aps which are workin g fine in the aruba controller but the status in the airwave is down.

when I check them , most  of them display :

Configuration : Unknown 

but one thing I notice is the ip address is defferent with its address in controller ( I use DHCP ) which means not be upgraded.

there is one ap display :

and this one can't be found in the controller.

I am urgent to put those APs which are working fine in the controller in the airwave . need help how change those APs stratus.

thank you very much !

• 2.  RE: aruba AP in the airwave is down but it working fine in the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 06, 2016 04:29 PM

Does airwave say the last time it contacted the controller?  Did anything happen in your network, or on your controller at that time?

• 3.  RE: aruba AP in the airwave is down but it working fine in the controller

Posted Oct 07, 2016 09:19 AM
    hi, cjoseph :

thank you for your response,

AMP be set "device configuration audit interval" is daily.

snmp polling periods is default.

I check the syslog communication is fine.

I don't make changes on the controller.

that several APs belong to different AP groups, rest of APs are ok.

just don't know what's reason.

thank you again !

• 4.  RE: aruba AP in the airwave is down but it working fine in the controller

Posted Feb 09, 2018 05:24 AM
      |   view attached

Hi, I have an issue where Airwave is saying AP is no longer asscociated to controller  and status as "DOWN" and last contact date was 27th December 2016 and it is in monitor only mode.

The AP however is showing as UP and is online on the mobility controller? 

I tried to poll the controller from Airwave but the status of the AP is still showing as down.? Please see attached screenshot.

Please help?

Thanks

Nisha

• 5.  RE: aruba AP in the airwave is down but it working fine in the controller

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 09, 2018 06:20 AM

Nisha, are you able to sucessfully poll the controller? Are the AMP settings within AirWave and the controller still correct?

• 6.  RE: aruba AP in the airwave is down but it working fine in the controller

Posted Feb 09, 2018 09:46 AM

I cannot successfully poll the controller, it tries to but fails.

also the controler is the same? 

• 7.  RE: aruba AP in the airwave is down but it working fine in the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2018 09:52 AM

Nisha,

Were you able to poll the controller itself from APs/Device>monitor page of controller. Can you cross check controller community string is OK in APs/Devcie>manage page and also look for any APs listed in new device tab?

Might be this AP rediscoverd in new device list.

Regards,

Pavan

• 8.  RE: aruba AP in the airwave is down but it working fine in the controller

Posted Feb 09, 2018 10:39 AM
      |   view attached

It says it was unable to poll from the event log?

The controller itself is showing it as up but on Airwave it shows as down. see attached log. 

• 9.  RE: aruba AP in the airwave is down but it working fine in the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2018 10:51 AM

Nisha,

As i mentioned in my previous post, if controller status shows as down in Airwave then check community string in manage page of controller in Airwave whether you have entered correct string. Try readd  the details and poll the controller.

Regards,

Pavan

• 10.  RE: aruba AP in the airwave is down but it working fine in the controller

Posted Feb 09, 2018 12:16 PM

The controller status is not down, its the access point that it can't seem to reach?

thanks

nisha

• 11.  RE: aruba AP in the airwave is down but it working fine in the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2018 03:20 AM

Nisha,

Open support case, it is simple issue , need server access to look in to it.

Regards,

Pavan

• 12.  RE: aruba AP in the airwave is down but it working fine in the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2018 07:29 AM

Nisha,

We genreally see this issue when AP is no longer assocated to the controller which you are trying to poll.

Can you cross check whether that AP is associated to the same or different controller and also check if any duplicate controller/APs been present in Airwave, search with name.

Regards,

pavan