Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

aruba ap93 and the cisco Cisco SB-PWR-INJ1-UK power injectors

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  aruba ap93 and the cisco Cisco SB-PWR-INJ1-UK power injectors

Posted Oct 29, 2012 11:03 AM

Hi will the Cisco SB-PWR-INJ1-UK be able to provide poe to the aruba ap93 access points?  I believe so but could do with confirmation from anyone who's got experience with these?

thanks

• 2.  RE: aruba ap93 and the cisco Cisco SB-PWR-INJ1-UK power injectors

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2012 11:05 AM

As long as it specifies that it is "802.3af compliant", it should work.

• 3.  RE: aruba ap93 and the cisco Cisco SB-PWR-INJ1-UK power injectors

Posted Oct 29, 2012 12:25 PM

I know some of the older PoE injectors from Cisco are not 802.3af compliant and do not work with non Cisco equipment.

AIR-PWRINJ3 is an example that I've come accross that doesn't work with Aruba APs and I subsequently discovers that it's because it's not compliant.

• 4.  RE: aruba ap93 and the cisco Cisco SB-PWR-INJ1-UK power injectors

Posted Oct 29, 2012 02:45 PM

thanks all, the documentation from cisco http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=14180 says they are af so should be ok, just wanted to check if anyone had any first hand experience with this model injector

• 5.  RE: aruba ap93 and the cisco Cisco SB-PWR-INJ1-UK power injectors

Posted Mar 28, 2013 08:29 PM

It is hit or miss. When we did the access layer conversion on a site, we had PoE switches so all the new Aruba APs were directly plugged into the switch. The cisco AP's had to be left on their injectors, especially the external antenna variety.