Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

best Settings for 802.11g Connectivity

best Settings for 802.11g Connectivity

Regards,

Mallikarjun

Re: best Settings for 802.11g Connectivity

Hi!

I think you need to be a little more specific than that if you want anyone to be able to assist you :)

Please provide some context of what you´re trying to do.

Cheers,

Christoffer Jacobsson | Aranya AB
Aruba: ACMX #537 ACCP | CWNP: CWNA CWDP CWSP

Hi Christoffer

In one of our client place they deployed ap-225 model and they are getting lattency while roaming with the 802.11b/g devices but 802.11n devices working fine.So i need to know any best practices for the driver settings, or else we need to update the drivers?

Regards,

Mallikarjun

Are the 802.11n devices also connecting on 2,4 ghz or are they using 5ghz? Then perhaps your issue is a noisy 2,4ghz environment. Try verifying your radio planning with placements/shut down of some 2,4ghz radios and lowering of Tx power to minimize co-channel interference.

Also updating the client drivers is a good thing to do to see if it brings any improvements.

Cheers,

Christoffer Jacobsson | Aranya AB
Aruba: ACMX #537 ACCP | CWNP: CWNA CWDP CWSP

Hi ,

11n devices connecting via 5ghz.

Thank you..

Guru Elite

Mallikarjun wrote:

Hi Christoffer

In one of our client place they deployed ap-225 model and they are getting lattency while roaming with the 802.11b/g devices but 802.11n devices working fine.So i need to know any best practices for the driver settings, or else we need to update the drivers?

Regards,

Mallikarjun

You should adjust the wifi first, before considering doing anything with the drivers.  Please PM me your email address so we can look at your tech support.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: